|To provide riders with more timely MARC Train information, Maryland Transit Administration (MTA), recently launched MARCTracker, a "real-time" Internet information service. This service enables passengers to determine the location and status of every MARC train that is operating on the Penn, Brunswick and Camden lines. For more information, visit MARCTracker.com.
|Metrorail - Red Line Into Bethesda |
7450 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD
West side of Wisconsin Aveenue at Montgomery Lane
First Train Departs
Station opens: 5:07 a.m.
Shady Grove: 5:28 a.m.
Glenmont: 5:17 a.m.
(Trains leave exactly two hours later Saturdays and Sundays.)
Last Train Departs
Shady Grove: 12:23 a.m.
Wheaton: 11:47 p.m.
(Trains leave exactly three hours later on Friday and Saturday nights.)
Real Time Arrivals
Elevators and Escalators
- Elevator between the mezzanine and platform
- Elevator between the street and mezzanine level, corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Montgomery Lane (next to the post office)
- Escalator between the street and mezzanine level, corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Old Georgetown Road
- Escalators between the bus terminal and the mezzanine level
- Escalators between the platform and the mezzanine
|Bike Parking and Bike Requirements
There are 48 bike racks and 44 lockers at the station. Call Metro at (202) 962-1116 to rent a locker. For more information on taking your bike on Metrorail or Metrobus, click here.
For more information about ZipCar and carsharing, please click here.
- 2 Zipcars at Bethesda Metro (4507 Avondale)
- 1 Zipcar at the Topaz House
- 2 Zipcars at the Bethesda Court Hotel
- 1 Zipcar at Bethesda Row (Elm Street Parking Garage)
|Three routes serve the Bethesda Metrorail Station.
Next Bus Arrival
- J2 and J3 lines run between Silver Spring and Bethesda
- J4 express line runs between College Park and Bethesda
- J7 and J9 lines (I-270 Express) run between the Lakeforest Transit Center and Bethesda
Click here for schedule information or visit our office at 7700 Old Georgetown Road to get these and any other route maps.
Metrobus stops are clearly marked with the red, white and blue Metrobus signs. Riders are urged to check the destination on the bus before boarding. The route number and destination are displayed above the windshield or on the boarding side of the bus.
Metrobus drivers do not carry money. Riders must have exact change, use a pass or SmarTrip® card.
Click here for more Metrobus fare information.
- $1.75 Regular routes using SmarTrip® or cash
- 75¢ Regular routes using Senior SmarTrip® or cash (with proper ID) for seniors and people with disabilities
- $4.00 Express routes using SmarTrip® or cash
- $2.00 Express routes Senior SmarTrip® or cash (with proper ID) for seniors and people with disabilities
Metro Bike Requirements
- Metrobus to Metrobus - Bus-to-bus transfers with a SmarTrip® card are valid for free, unlimited Metrobus connections (including round trips) within a two-hour period.
- Metrobus to Metrorail - Metrobus riders who transfer to the Metrorail system will receive a discount if they use a SmarTrip® card.
- Metrorail to Metrobus - Metrorail riders who transfer to Metrobus will receive a discount if they use a SmarTrip® card.
Bike-'N-Ride on Metrobus
The Ride On bus system is owned and operated by Montgomery County and has a total of 80 routes, of which 9 serve the Bethesda Metro Station. Stops are clearly marked with the and Ride On logo.
Schedules and Maps
Or visit our office at 7700 Old Georgetown Road to get these and any other route maps.
Real-Time Bus Tracking
Ride on Buses can now be tracked in real-time! Click here to learn more.
Routes serving the Bethesda Metro Station
Fares, Passes & Tickets
- Monday – Friday peak hours only
- Route 70 – Germantown Express
- Route 30 – Bethesda – Medical Center – Monday thru Saturday
- Route 32 – Bethesda – Naval Ship R&D Center and Woodrock
- Route 33 – Glenmont – Bethesda via Medical Center
- Routes with weekend service
- Route 29 – Bethesda – Glen Echo – Friendship Heights – Monday thru Sunday
- Route 34 – Aspen Hill – Bethesda – Monday thru Sunday
- Route 36 – Bethesda Potomac – via Hillandale Road – Monday thru Saturday
- Route 47 – Rockville – Montgomery Mall – Bethesda – Monday thru Sunday
Click here for a complete list of fares and locations for purchasing tickets and passes.
Passes and tickets can be bought at the following locations in downtown Bethesda:
For more information, visit Ride On and Transit Services.
- Giant Food Store
7142 Arlington Road
- Safeway Store
7625 Old Georgetown Road
Your FREE way around town!
|The Bethesda Circulator, formerly known as the Bethesda 8 Trolley, is convenient, dependable and FREE! You'll discover that all of your favorite places to visit are on or close to the Circulator's route. So leave your car at home, you can even find the Bethesda Circulator stop right in the Bethesda Metro station.
For more information on the new Bethesda Circulator, please call 301-215-6661 or e-mail email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am – 12:00 am
Friday: 7:00 am – 2:00 am
Saturday: 6:00 pm – 2:00 am
Sunday: no service
Stops (approximately every 10 min.)
The Bethesda Circulator is managed by the Bethesda Urban Partnership
- Bethesda Metro Station
- Old Georgetown Rd. near Commerce Ln. (Safeway)
- Old Georgetown Rd. between Woodmont & Fairmont Aves.
- Old Georgetown Rd. between Fairmont Ave. & St. Elmo Ave.
- Old Georgetown Rd. between Cordell & Del Ray Aves.
- Auburn Ave. & Old Georgetown Rd.
- Auburn Ave. & Norfolk Ave.
- Rugby Ave.
- Rugby & Woodmont Aves.
- Woodmont Ave. between Cordell Ave. & St. Elmo Ave.
- Woodmont Ave. & Norfolk Ave. (Veteran's Park)
- Woodmont Ave. at Garage 11
- Woodmont Ave. at Metropolitan Garage
- Woodmont Ave. between Edgemoor Ln. & Montgomery Ln.
- Woodmont Ave. & Elm St.
- Woodmont Ave. & Bethesda Ave.
- Bethesda Ave. & Garage Entrance
- Arlington Rd. between Bethesda Ave. & Elm St. (Giant)
- Arlington Rd. & Montgomery Ln.
- Edgemoor Ln. near Woodmont Ave.